In this article, we have discussed the ways using which you can show or hide the installed Apps on your Apple Watch. Due to privacy issues, individuals prefer hiding personal apps like habit trackers and finance-related apps on their wearable and iOS devices. Though a strong password always helps safeguard apps from unauthorized access, it’s pretty good to add an extra layer of security so as to prevent the information. You get a comparatively better way to hide or show installed apps on watchOS than iOS. If you haven’t tried using it, you may follow the details listed further.
How to Show or Hide Installed Apps on Apple Watch
The ability to conceal Apple Watch apps is located inside wearable’s companion app known as “Watch” for iPhone. This app displays the list of all the applications that have been installed on the watch ever since. This makes it pretty convenient to put all the apps behind a shield or show them whenever required. Once you have hidden the apps, you may bring them back with the help of the toggle button. Yes, it’s that easy. With that said, let’s get started with the steps to show/hide the installed apps on an Apple Watch.
- On your paired iOS device, you need to launch the Watch app.
- Further, ensure that the “My Watch” tab present on the bottom-left side of the display is selected.
- Now, scroll below to the section “Installed on Apple Watch.” The entire list of applications ever installed on your wearable will appear. Among the list, you need to select the one that you need to hide.
- Then, turn off the toggle appearing right next to the apps that you want to hide, and that’s it. The changes made will be saved immediately. All the selected apps will get removed from the home screen of your Apple Watch right away.
- Further, if you want the apps to be displayed on your wearable device, you need to tap on the toggle to turn it on. on toggle, and the app will appear on your screen in no time.
That’s it. These were the steps using which you can show or hide apps on your Apple Watch easily. With the steps mentioned above, concealing apps on a watchOS device is just a matter of seconds. This would prevent extra defense and an additional layer of security to your information.
So, have you tried this method helpful? Do let us know in the comment section below. Your feedback is valuable to us.
Wilder Zayn is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security,cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes office.com/setup security products.