How to Remove the ‘This video is taking longer than expected to load’ Error?
The ‘This video is taking longer than expected to load message’ along with error code 7017 may appear when you are trying to stream any movie or TV series on Amazon Prime Video. When you get this error message, you are offered two options. You can either close the player or continue waiting. If you have received this error on your Windows 10 device, then do check out the solutions mentioned below.
Using Command Prompt
Follow these instructions provided below:
- Go to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- After that, reach the Power user menu and then click on the Run button.
- Once you see the prompt of User Account Control, click on Yes.
- Reach the screen of Command Prompt, input the following line, then hit the Enter key: ping primevideo.com -t
- In case the ping shows a positive outcome, then the servers are well. In case you are unable to view a positive outcome, you should wait until the problem is solved from Amazon’s end.
Reboot the Browser
In case you are streaming any video on the browser, attempt rebooting the web browser and check whether doing so fixes the issue.
Turn off Web Browser Extensions and Add-ons on Chrome
You can turn off web browser extensions and add-ons on Chrome by following these instructions provided below:
- Open Chrome on your system.
- Thereafter, click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon at the upper right side of the screen.
- You should select the ‘More Tools’ option.
- Then select the ‘Extensions’ option.
- Now, you should disable the problematic extension or uninstall it.
Turn off Web Browser Extensions and Add-ons on Firefox
You can turn off web browser extensions and add-ons on Firefox by pursuing these instructions provided below:
- Open Firefox on your device.
- Thereafter, click on the hamburger menu icon.
- You should click on the ‘Add-Ons’ option inside the menu and hit the ‘Extensions’ option.
- Once you reach the Extensions screen, scroll the list and switch the toggle of the extension you would like to turn off.
- In case you would like to uninstall the extension, click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon, and select the Remove button.
Turn off the Proxy Settings
You can turn off the proxy settings by pursuing these instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the Windows icon and right-click on it.
- Then select the Settings option through the menu of Power User.
- Once you are at the Setting’s home page, select the icon of Network & Internet.
- Go to the Proxy option and click on it.
- Now, disable the switches beneath the Manual Proxy Setup and Automatic Proxy Setup section.
Install the Prime Video App Again
In case you are still facing issues on your newly launched Prime Video app for Windows 10, then you have to reinstall it. To do that:
- Reach the Settings application.
- Then select the ‘Apps & Features’ option.
- Later, browse for the application and uninstall it.
- After removing the program, navigate to MS Store and then download it once again.
James Walker is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.