How to Fix Windows Defender is Not Removing Trojans?
In the digital world, trojan horse or trojan, refers to any malicious software which misleads users of its actual intent. The name has been derived from the Ancient Greek story of the deceitful Trojan Horse. This malware that can take control of your computer and is often disguised as a legit software. While Windows Defender is an effective security tool, it may, at times, be incapable of removing trojans. To fix this issue, read on.
Run a Clean Boot
You can run a clean boot by following these instructions provided below:
- Firstly, sign-in as administrator, then input ‘msconfig’ into the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Then you should choose the ‘System Configuration’ option.
- After that, locate the tab of Services.
- You have to mark the box of ‘Hide all Microsoft services.’
- Thereafter, select the ‘Disable all’ button.
- Later, reach the tab of Startup and click on it.
- Go to the ‘Open Task Manager’ option and click on it.
- Now, shut the Task Manager and select the OK button.
- Finally, restart the system.
Modify Windows Defender Service Startup to Automatic
You can modify Windows Defender service startup to automatic by following these instructions provided below:
- Go to the Windows icon and right-click on it, then choose the Run option.
- After that, insert ‘services.msc’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should choose the service of Windows Defender and right-click on it.
- Then reach the Properties option and select it.
- Don’t forget to check that ‘Service Status’ is working.
- Make sure that ‘Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Now, hit the Apply button and then select the OK option.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Clear the Cache or Temp File
You can clear the cache or temp file by following these instructions provided below:
- Navigate to the Internet Explorer on your system.
- After that, select the Tools option.
- You should choose the ‘Internet Options’ button.
- Go to the tab of the General and click on it.
- You have to choose the ‘Browsing history’ option.
- Hit the Delete button.
- Now, untick the ‘Preserve favorites website data’ box.
- Finally, remove the temporary file, history, delete cookies, passwords, and more.
Perform a Full Scan into the Safe Mode
You can perform a full scan into the safe mode by following these instructions provided below:
- Hit the Windows menu then choose the Settings option.
- You should choose the ‘Update and Security’ option.
- Choose the Recovery option through the left side panel.
- Reach the ‘Advanced Startup’ option and select it.
- Choose the ‘Restart now’ button.
- You have to select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option through the screen of ‘choose an option’ and select the ‘Advanced options.’
- Navigate to the ‘Startup Settings’ then select the Restart button.
- Once reboot the system, you will get an options list on your screen.
- Hit the F4 or 4 keys to start the system into the safe mode.
- Now, perform a full scan.
This is how you can get Windows Defender to remove trojans from your computer.
Wilder Zayn is a Microsoft product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Wilder Zayn has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.