How to Fix the League of Legends RADS Errors?
League of Legends is one of the best and most popular multiplayer battle video games. RADS error is a common error that pops up in League of Legends, and this error stops players from getting connected to the servers of LoL. So, if you are also unable to play League of Legends because of RADS errors then here are some solutions given below.
Running the LoL Patcher as an Administrator
You can run the LoL patcher as an administrator by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Go to the installation directory of League of Legends.
- You should find ‘LoL Patcher’ then right-click on it.
- Now, click on the ‘Run as administrator’ option through the menu.
- Once you do that, LoL Patcher can begin working, and the issue will be fixed.
Adding LoL to the Exceptions List
You can add LoL to the exceptions list by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Navigate to the Search section on your system.
- After that, input ‘Windows Firewall’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should click on the ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall’ option.
- Then add the ‘lol.launcher.exe’ file to the exceptions list of firewalls.
- Now, open the game once again.
Modify the DNS
You can modify the DNS by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Then click on the ‘Network and Internet’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option then click on the ‘Change adapter settings’ option.
- You should select the ‘Wi-Fi/ Ethernet connection’ option and right-click on it.
- After that, select the Properties option.
- You have to pick the option of ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).’
- Later, input the pursuing values: on Alternative DNS server: 220.127.116.11 and on Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168.
- Now, hit the OK button.
Tweak File Hosts
You can tweak file hosts by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Navigate to the following path: C:Windows/System32/drivers/etc>.
- After that, find the file of hosts and invoke it with Notepad.
- You should add this line to the lower side and store it: 22.214.171.124 l3cdn.riotgames.com.
- Now, invoke the game once again.
Stopping All RADS Procedures
You can stop all RADS procedures by pursuing these directions provided below:
- Hit the ‘Ctrl + Shift + Esc’ keys to invoke the Task Manager.
- After that, select the tab of Processes and find any rads procedure.
- Now, right-click on it and pick the End task option.
Now, you can enjoy a seamless gaming experience of League of Legends.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.