Dragon Age Inquisition is Crashing on Startup? Here are the Fixes
Dragon Age Inquisition is one of the most popular fantasy role-playing games out there. It is available on all major platforms such as Xbox One, PC, and PS4. This game is not immune to hiccups. Hence, at times, it crashes when launched. Many gamers are complaining about the crashing issue on Dragon Age Inquisition. Thankfully, this issue can be resolved easily. Read on to learn about the potential solutions to fix this problem.
Disable the Third-Party Antivirus Tool
Your antivirus or antimalware tool may be preventing you from enjoying a smooth gaming experience. Hence, you should go to the settings and disable the antivirus software for some time. After that, launch the game and see if it is still crashing or not.
Clean Boot Windows
You can clean boot Windows by following these solutions mentioned below:
- Hit the Windows and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard to invoke the Run pop-up.
- Thereafter, insert ‘msconfig’ into it and select the OK button.
- You should choose the radio button of ‘Selective startup’ over the tab of General, in case it’s not already chosen.
- Go to the box of ‘Load startup items’ and untick it.
- You have to choose the options of ‘Use original boot configuration’ and ‘Load system services’ in case they are not chosen.
- Later, mark the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ box.
- Navigate to the button of Disable all.
- You should hit the button of Apply.
- Later, select the OK button to exit the MSConfig screen.
- Now, hit the button of Restart on the prompt.
Disable Origin’s In-Game Menus
You can disable Origin’s in-game menus by following these solutions mentioned below:
- Firstly, invoke the Origin’s screen and sign-in if needed.
- You should select the menu of Origin to choose the ‘Application Settings’ option.
- Then choose the tab of ‘Origin In-Game.’
- Now, switch the toggle of ‘Enable Origin In-Game’ to disable it if needed.
- Gamers who got the game from Origin can attempt to turn off the game’s clients in-game menus to solve the crashing issue.
Uninstalling the 3D Vision Driver
You can uninstall the 3D vision driver by following these solutions mentioned below:
- Hold the Windows and R keys simultaneously to invoke the Run pop-up.
- After that, insert ‘appwiz’ into it and hit the Enter key to launch the uninstaller applet of Windows.
- You should choose the ‘NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver’ option from the list of software.
- Then hit the Uninstall and Yes buttons to delete 3D Vision.
- Now, reboot the laptop or desktop once you have uninstalled the NVIDIA 3D Vision.
John Smith is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.